Hours and Appointment Information
Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm
Saturday, Sunday: Closed
By appointment only, no walk ins
Call or text (503) 591-5282, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the VitusVet app to schedule an appointment.
- Demand for services is higher than ever and we are booking out several weeks for preventive care visits and surgeries.
- We are making an effort to save 2-3 appointments for same day sick pets for our existing clients only.
- We are a 1 DVM practice with limited staffing. If your pet is ill and you are not a regular client, we will likely refer you to one of the 4 local ER clinics or suggest another nearby practice with more staffing.
- Call ahead for food, medications, and pay during the call if possible. Please allow 1-2 working days for us to prepare your order. For a reputable online pharmacy, we recommend
- We are not taking boarding and grooming appointments at this time.
Before Your Appointment
- Please submit a history form for your pet ASAP. This helps us make an estimate for needed care, gather any missing information, and shorten the length of time the technician has to spend outside prior to your pet’s care.
- Bring your charged cell phone to the visit and be prepared to answer it when we call to update you.
- Make sure you have enough gas in your car to run it with AC for 20-30 minutes. This will apply to heat in the winter months.
- Bring your pet hungry and give them their prescribed pre-visit anxiety medication if asked. This makes the experience less scary for them and the entire visit more pleasant for everyone.
When You Arrive
- When you arrive, call us. Do not rattle the door, look in the window, or try to push by the staff coming/going via the door. The doorbell does not work, it has not worked for years.
- This is not a drop off appointment. Do not leave unless we specifically ask you to admit/drop off your pet for care.
- Please be respectful to our hospital staff. There will be no abuse of any kind tolerated. We will ask you to leave and find a new clinic to treat your pet moving forward if you violate this policy.
- Masks and social distancing are required, even outside.
- We are only seeing patients in the clinic. Client service is curbside.
- No people will be allowed in the building other than employees and delivery/service reps.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, we will reschedule your appointment or admit your pet to the clinic if they are sick. It is unfair to our staff and other clients to fall behind schedule due to your late appointment. If this is a chronic issue, we may ask you to take your pet elsewhere.
- As always, payment is due at the time of service.
- We are taking payment over the phone.
- We can securely store your card for future use.
- If you are paying with CareCredit, you can pay online via pay my provider.
- We are not accepting cash and have never taken checks.
- We will be happy to provide estimates prior to your visit for preventative care and after an exam for sick pets.
Change is hard. These operating changes are based on science, sustainability, and the goals of:
- Maintaining the business with the level of care we have historically provided
- Preserving the mental and physical health of Dr. Smith and her staff
- Maintaining the best interest of public health
The Veterinary profession is resilient, we are all trying to maintain our businesses and professional oath with compassion and optimism during the unprecedented challenges we are all facing.
Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge.
I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics.
I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.